Last week was one of the most challenging weeks of my life. My husband had to revert to his morning work schedule leaving me to tend to my daughter by myself. On Wednesday, maybe I was too tired, I had the shock of my life when I accidentally locked my daughter inside the car with the keys on the ignition :(
We were preparing to go to school so I turned the engine on so I can also turn the ac on. I began strapping Zoe on her car seat when I lost my mind momentarily and closed the door of the car. Naturally being that the keys were on the ignition, the car automatically locked all the doors. WITH MY DAUGHTER AND MY CELLPHONE INSIDE. I felt as if cold water was splashed all over me and panic started to come over me. I managed to keep my composure and not show my daughter how worried I was. I began tapping the window asking her to roll it down. She couldn't understand nor hear me. I was so scared I think I forgot how to breathe.
I kept tapping the window asking her to roll it down with a smile on my face. After a few seconds, my smart daughter unstrapped herself from the car seat and rolled the windows down and said 'what mommy?' I immediately unlocked the car door and gave her a hug. I felt so relieved.
When I came home from work that night, I confessed the whole ordeal to my husband. He was nonchalant when he said 'I wouldn't be hsyterical if you had called me earlier. You've locked yourself out of the car three times in the past so I have learned to make contingency plans. There's a spare key upstairs on our vault and another one with me.' Hahaha, I'm sure he enjoyed that joke :P
Everytime I remember that moment, I still get shivers down my spine. Good thing I managed to keep my composure (which comes rarely especially when I get rattled). Good thing I also have a smart daughter who basically just saved herself from that whole ordeal.
Oh my gosh! Kakatakot naman yan sis. Anyway, better be mindful and extra careful next time. Kisses <3ReplyDelete
Thanks Sis. I will really be more careful next time :)ReplyDelete