Monday, May 6, 2013

Yaya-less


Zoe's yaya asked for a day off on Saturday and promised to be back on Sunday. Yesterday afternoon while we were already expecting for her to arrive, I got a text message saying she won't be able to come home because her grandmother passed away and her brother took her to the province for 4 days. In short, she came up with the biggest weave of lies so my husband and I decided to let her go and to not accept her anymore. 

Little did we know that we shouldve done this a long time ago. My 2 nieces who are currently staying with us at home told me that this yaya has been spanking Zoe at times particularly when my daughter refuses to take a nap. They weren't really violent spankings, otherwise, I wouldve noticed it but still, she SPANKED my daughter when my husband and I NEVER did. This comes to me as an answer to my daughter's sudden unexplained bruises and scratches that I see whenever I bathe her. This is probably why this damn yaya would always be in a hurry to bathe my daughter even when I clearly tell her to wait for me, as bathing my daughter is one of the ways that I can do an overall check of her body for anything suspicious.

So to cut the story short. We are yaya-less at a time that both of us are working. It's very difficult and will be even more challenging especially when my sister goes back to school and my 2 nieces leave for Germany. Honestly, I was expecting to be very hysterical and all but for some reason I feel relieved. Maybe it's my instincts telling me that my daughter is out of danger. The person whom I've trusted so much is finally out of the door. I don't even want to go on lamenting how we treated this helper like a family and so on and so forth because that's who we really are. Helpers nowadays are MORE ABUSIVE than they are HELPFUL. 

I hope to find a replacement yaya very soon cus we really need it. This time, I will be more conscious and will take on installing CCTV cameras in our house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment