Monday, June 28, 2010

Hello Cali!

It's technically my 1st working day in San Francisco as I got here early last evening. The flight was ok since it was non-stop; plus, there was an empty seat beside me which made the 12 hour flight a bit more bearable than it should. PAL's 747 is pretty big and nice but I was a bit disappointed that the TV screens on our aisle never got fixed after the first 4 hours. I had to make do with looking at the screen of the passenger in front of me who was watching How to Train your Dragon. Too bad it was silent for me since you had to wear headsets while watching.

Oh well, it can't be all wines and roses. My boss picked us up at the SFO and was pleasantly surprised at how cold it was considering we were told that it's pretty hot here. Huh! Try the weather at Manila and feel the new definition of 'hot'.

We're staying at Biltmore Hotel and Suites in Santa Clara which is pretty far from the airport. It's about 20 minutes away from the Google offices in Mountain View. Speaking of Google, I still can't get over how cool their offices are! It reminds you of a college campus, only way cooler. They have a very young and laidback atmosphere and everywhere you go, there are cafeterias that serve FREE food for their employees (and guests, in our case). I'm not sure though if they'd allow me to take pics of their office since they're pretty big on confidentiality but I'll try to ask tomorrow.

So far I haven't done any shopping yet but I've looked around shops already (can't resist hehehe). Baby stuff here are wayyyy cheaper and I'm trying not to hyperventilate cus of too much excitement. Hopefully there will be good deals this weekend since it's the 4th of July holiday. Can't wait!!

1 comment: