Thursday, July 1, 2010

Californication

It's my 5th day in California and my 4th day in training with Google. I wouldve loved to take lots of pics in the Google compound but security's pretty tight and we can only take pics outside. Google environment is REALLY fun. Free buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner; snack bars everywhere, gym and other recreations on every building. They really invest in employee satisfaction for the basic reason that happy employees equal quality work.


This is the building where we go to sign in every morning. It has the red Google Map marker on it.



Google bikes are everywhere! As long as it's not padlocked, you can basically just take it and use it to get around the compound.They also have shuttle services that have wifi and are free for employees.




So the secondary reason that I agreed to this US trip is to go SHOPPING. I bought a couple of stuff for Zoe in TJ Maxx, Walmart, and Target. I have yet to visit some other stores but I still have this weekend. I got a set of Calvin Klein bibs and a really cute Ralph Lauren romper. Trust me, the prices are better than reasonable.



More stuff for Zoe -- Carter's washcloths and socks, 5 piece-set Gerber onesies, cute baby clothes from Carter's and 2 8 oz. bottles of Aveeno baby wash and shampoo (if converted to peso, around 180 per bottle lang in Walmart)

I also bought the usual chocolates and stuff and a couple of shirts for hubby. I've spent sooo much na and my hubby's nervous about my weekend hehehe. This Saturday, my boss is gonna take us around SF to see some sights and prolly early fireworks display for the 4th of Juky celebration. I would say this trip is really great except for the fact that it wouldve been sooo much better if my hubby is here too :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, pretty nice company, huh?
    Cute little dresses for Zoe!
    Enjoy your 4th of July here Ms. Manila Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, if you have time, pls unfollow me then follow me again, this time publicly because I think you hit "follow privately" :D I'd love to see you in my reader's list :D

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete