Saturday, June 12, 2010

Shopping weekend

Last Friday, I was told by my manager that I might fly out to the US this July for a couple of weeks of training. He asked if I was ok with it and I told him it's fine as long as I get a go signal from my OB. The main thing that excites me about the US trip is the idea of buying baby stuff in babiesrus! My stroller dilemma would be solved! However, since it's not yet for certain and I would still find out within this week, hubby and I still went to the mall for a bit of shopping and baby stuff price comparison. We went to SM Megamall and were supposed to go to Rustan's as well but didn't have enough time so that's rescheduled for next weekend. Here are some of the things that we saw:


Graco Pack and Play - 11,000-13,000. Dan wants to get the one with the napper but I'm not yet totally sold on that idea since it will just use some space once the baby doesnt need it anymore. I wanna get one of these though but not the one with the bassinet at the top.




Graco Quattro Tour Zurich stroller - 13,000. This doesnt come with a carrier/carseat but I'm fine with it. The only drawback is that it seems a bit too bulky. However, this is good for newborns until 2-3 years old. I'm all for getting just 1 stroller that our baby can use for a long time since they can be quite costly. Graco also has a 3-in-1 stroller for around 16,000. The stroller itself though can only be used by the baby from 3 months and up. In the meantime, you can attach the carrier/car seat on top of the stroller and the put the baby there. The carrier/car seat also functions as a rocker. Definitely something to consider too :)


Dr. Brown's wideneck feeding bottle set - 2,300 something. I can't believe SM Baby and Co. sells these for this price. I ordered the same set from amazon through a multiply contact (see earlier post) and it only cost me around 1600 including shipping.



Avent 9 oz. bottle twin pack - The polypropelene pack is 900 something while the honey tinted bottle twin pack is 1300 something (as far as I remember. I dont have my list with me now). I'm getting this as back up bottles for my baby :)



White tie-side shirts. They're quite cheap but I'll only be getting around 10-12 pieces since I was advised to not buy so much of these. I was looking around to see if they have Carter's or Gerber but unfortunately, they didnt. Hopefully Rustan's have some so I can compare if the prices are aligned with those that are being sold online.



This is me at 23 weeks!



































5 comments:

  1. hi. i'm also a new mom-to-be like you. i just want to share the thoughts of my mommy friends regarding the graco stroller and pack and play. initialy, i really wanted the 3 in one graco stroller that you mentioned too. they said (and it also looked to me) that it's terribly bulky! also, the car seat you'll have to change later since it won't accomodate baby's size anymore:-( they also said to buy a separate car seat for baby because it's more cost effective. this is why i looked at other graco and chicco strollers. i'm eyeing the combi (rustans and hobbes and landes). regarding the pack and play with napper and diaper changer, same thing. they said after 2 months, the baby won't fit anymore and that for safety purposes, you'd rather change baby's diaper on your bed. I ended up getting one without the napper and diaper changer so. instead, I'll just get a baby rocker (like the fisher price or maclaren newborn to toddler rocker). a lot of maclaren and graco stroller have been recalled in the states due to accidents. just check out their websites for the model numbers to be sure. hope this helps. what multiply seller did you buy your dr brown set? im really interested. thanks:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts sis :) That's what i was thinking regarding the 3-in-1 stroller too. I know that we'll only be able to use the carrier for around 3 months, same goes for the napper in the playpen. I'm more concerned that we wont have any space left to put other important things in the room. Plus, sayang money.

    For the Dr. Brown' set, I ordered it through Shally Mateo and her multiply website is http://rukia0814.multiply.com/. She doesn't really carry baby stuff but she can order from US sites and she'll give you a quote. The price she gave me was still cheaper than all of the multiply contacts that I have who carry dr brown's. Her July pre-order is closed though but she has another one yata na ETA this August. My order is coming daw ng week of July 21 and I'm so excited. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bon voyage! it's super exciting to travel don't forget your medicines :)

    Mommylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy your trip. hopefully matuloy! it will be exciting esp shopping galore!

    pinkpotato GT

    http://hahpiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks mommylace and hahpiness :) My hubby and I spoke about this din and I said na if it's not gonna be dangerous for me and my baby, then God will let this trip push trhough pero if it's not gonna be good for us, then hinde matutuloy yan. My baby's still my priority and honestly, the shopping is all I'm after hahahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete