Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mother's Day Dinner at Mesa SM Aura

We celebrated Mother's Day through dinner at SM Aura. We also shopped for Zoe's school needs so it was like hitting two birds with one stone. The Mother, though, made an impromptu decision to buy an Ipad Mini after telling me that we were just going to 'look' at PowerMac. How impulsive. I was so jealous that I couldn't also make that impromptu purchase :D



So we went to Mesa after all that shopping (separate post on Zoe's school stuff). The last time I dined at Mesa was on my 30th birthday in Boracay. I barely tasted the food since we went there without a yaya and Zoe was already asleep. We just took her with us to the resto while sleeping and we were in such a hurry to scarf our food that I couldn't even remember a single thing we ordered. 

So this time, we ordered properly. We got tinapa roll wrapped in lettuce, sinigang na ulo ng salmon, beef kare-kare, giant grilled squid, and crispy boneless tilapia with four sauces.

Food Comments:

Tinapa Roll - "Oh My' -- this was my statement when I tasted the tinapa roll. It was soooooo good. I honestly could've eaten just that and be completely happy with my meal. It was that good.




Sinigang na Ulo ng Salmon - We were in agreement on how good this was. Very tasty and sour, exactly how I like my sinigang. I was sad to not have been able to get a second serving.





Beef Kare Kare - This was really good too, especially the sauce. I just hoped that it had more chunky pieces of beef just like the kare kare in Kanin Club (which is by far the best kare kare for me). Zoe really liked this.




Giant Grilled Squid - It was a big ordinary grilled squid for me. I found it too rubbery though and my jaws got tired of chewing it so I gave my remaining pieces to Dan.



Crispy Boneless Tilapia - This was ok too, although it almost tasted a bit like chicharon for me. I didn't get to sample the sauces because I tasted this last and I was already full by then.


All in all, it was a really satisfying gastronomic experience for us. I wouldn't mind coming back especially when I think of the tinapia rolls. Sorry, I really can't get over it. 






1 comment:

  1. Hello there,

    Great foods! We'd love to add your blog to the Top Food Blog list in myTaste Philippines - part of myTaste with over 6 million users worldwide. Your blog is impressively beautiful and deserves to be included on the Top list! We will feature your blog and create shout outs about your recipes to our fan pages.

    MyTaste is a user's Cookbook online. It is a social network for foodies and a recipe search engine .
    Users and visitors visit recipes through myTaste , save to cookbook on their myTaste account and share them to the world.What mytaste does for bloggers is help to boost web visibility and traffic by REDIRECTING OUR VISITORS TO YOUR BLOG THROUGH YOUR RECIPES.

    To get featured and JOIN TOP FOOD BLOGS of http://www.mytaste.ph/ , just put our widget on your blog.
    Here where you can register and get the widget , >>
    http://www.mytaste.ph/join_top_food_blogs
    (JOINING WON’T COST YOU ANY CENTS)


    For more info - http://about.mytaste.com/
    Kind regards
    -Ricky

    ReplyDelete