Monday, April 8, 2013

Insanity: 4th week

It's my 4th week in doing the Insanity program and so far I've lost 5lbs. I'm very careful about not losing too much weight because I'm quite happy with it now and I do not ever want to go back to looking like Smeigle for being so skinny. My aim really is to trim the squidgy edges and jiggly thighs.

So here's my current picture, this was taken as of Sunday, April 7. Please forgive my shameless pink workout gear. I just went mad-shopping cus I've given my 'obsession over Insanity' as an excuse.




If you're waiting to hear me say that I can happily breeze through the routines like Tonia, well, you will wait in vain because I'm still pretty pathetic. I try my best to push hard and dig deep, and I think I'm doing better compared to how I was doing before, except that I still can't fully keep up with Shaun T and his crew.

If there's any consolation, yes, as the photo shows, my abs are getting more defined and my thigh muscles are getting firmer. My endurance is slowly improving and it's already a little success considering I suck at cardio.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm... Maybe I should do something like this on my blog for the P90x sessions I've been doing, still not doing it daily though. Anyway, I still can't go through a whole 30 minutes without pausing the vid.

    Do you sometimes experience your vision going dark? Happened to me last week. The 'trainor' said push, and I really tried to see how far I can go, until that happened, and I stopped, and sat for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet pa naman Rae. When I feel that my heart rate is going ballistic kase I stop and I wait for my heart rate to go down a little bit muna. I dont have a heart rate monitor kase kaya I'm extra careful. Do you use one ba?

    I still have a lot of pauses talaga. Actually even the 9-minute warm up, I still can't do non-stop. Kahit nga yun man lang muna magawa ko hahaha. Especially with Pure Cardio, grabe naman, they just don't stop.

    I suggest you blog about your P90X experience din. I'm planning to try that naman after I'm done with 2 cycles of Insanity =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job, after my Ob go signal since I just gave birth last March I am really going to do that work out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^Insanity is a pretty intense work out sis. Before you try it, mag-Jillian Michaels ka muna :)

    ReplyDelete