Monday, March 25, 2013

Zoe's first visit to the dentist


We've been planning to take Zoe to the pedia dentist for quite some time now but managed to keep on delaying for some reasons. We knew that it would be a painful task since brushing Zoe's teeth alone requires plenty of patience and creative theatrics. I couldn't imagine how I can make her open her mouth in front of the good dentist. So when my cousin told me that she was taking her 2 kids, Cacai and Jessalyn, to the dentist last Saturday, I grabbed the opportunity and brought along my 2 year old as well.

Jessalyn was first to go since she had more procedures to be done. While waiting, we practiced with Zoe on how she would open her mouth (with Cacai's help) and crossed our fingers that she would really do it when her turn came. After Jessalyn, it was supposed to be Cacai's turn but our excited toddler wanted to go next so she did. The pedia dentist said that since she's still quite young, she'd skip on the dentist's chair and would go for a knee-to-knee cleaning instead. However, Zoe insisted on sitting on the chair, at least until the dentist turned the lights on on the machine and she got scared. So yes, we did the knee-to-knee thing.





I was quite surprised that it only took a couple of swipes of dental wipes to clean my daughter's teeth. After wiping the teeth (which I could've done myself), the dentist put some berry fluoride on. Finished. In 10 minutes tops and it already cost Php 1000. I'm not sure of the going rate but my husband and I kinda thought that it was a bit too steep for just a simple procedure that we could've done had we have fluoride at home.







Oh well, I guess we paid for the 'her teeth is spaced really nicely and brushed quite well' comment coming from the good dentist. Yes, I was quite proud of myself knowing the daily pains it takes to brush my toddler's teeth. I guess  our patience and efforts have paid off =)



No comments:

Post a Comment