Monday, January 13, 2014

Rustic Mornings by Isabelo (Marikina)

Marikina isn't just about shoes, they're also all about hidden dining spots. I found out about Rustic Mornings through my friend in IG. So I told my husband that I wanted to try it out, and try we did.

We met our friends at Rustic Mornings for brunch on Thursday. From the Our Lady of Abandoned Church in San Roque Markina, you just turn right to a very narrow street after the park. You'd already see their sign and their gate. 



We got there earlier than our friends so we decided to explore the area (i.e. take photos) and to order since we were all starving. The restaurant has a spacious lot but not everything has been converted to a dining area. You can choose to dine in an airconditioned area (which we weren't able to look at) or al fresco amidst the lush garden. 





I ordered buttermilk pancakes, hasbrown, and bacon; my husband had waffles, buffalo chicken fingers, and salad; we both had (refillable) cafe americano. When our friends arrived shortly, they had a hard time ordering because everything they wanted to get were temporarily unavailable since they ran out of cooking oil (yes, how ironic). So they had omelets and pasta instead. Good thing we got there earlier, I wouldve gotten upset if I had to order something else aside from pancakes. 











It was a very good dining experience nonetheless. The food was great and came in big servings. I didn't even get to finish my pancakes and had to share it with my (happy) husband. I'd tell you how much we paid but one of my friends went ninja on us and footed the entire bill behind our backs :P








No comments:

Post a Comment