Friday, June 14, 2013

My daughter's bath ritual

I'm a proud morena beauty and I have never been ashamed of my skin color even when I was younger. I've always stood by with my belief that it's not the skin color that's important but the skin health. 

Zoe's quite fair and people always tease Dan and I where she got her skin color. Well, Dan's family is Chinese and his mother is really fair but I need not explain that to every single person who asks me why my daughter isn't morena like me. While I don't have any plans of making her fairer than she is, I'm quite particular in caring for skin's health and ensuring that it remains smooth and soft. So I'd like to share my daughter's bath ritual that's proven to make her skin supple and smooth.

Things that I use:
1. Green tea bag (it can be clear green or green tea jasmine. The latter just has a more favorable scent)
2. calamansi 
3. 1/4 cup evaporated milk (can be any brand, can be fresh milk too)
4. J&J milk lotion

How I do it:
1. I steep a bag of tea in a cup of hot water for around 5 minutes. I pour the tea into Zoe's bath water and let the bag sit there until the pail of water is full. Be careful not to tear the tea bag.







2. I lather the milk all over Zoe's skin -- back, chest, arms, armpits, thighs, legs, groin and butt area, feet. NEVER ON THE FACE.






3. I squeeze the calamansi on my palms and apply directly on Zoe's skin. I skip this step if Zoe has a wound or scratch as this can sting. If she has fresh mosquito bites, I still do this provided that the bites have not been scratched.





4. I let the milk and calamansi sit on her skin while I brush her teeth.

5. Bathe as usual. Apply J&J milk lotion on her skin after bath.

This ritual has proven to be quite effective in making her skin nice and smooth. As a matter of fact, Zoe had around 6 mosquito bite marks on her legs last Sunday because my husband forgot to put her jammies on before they went to the living room. I was so depressed and beyond irritated when I saw how unsightly bite marks were. I just went on with this daily process and come Wednesday, the bite marks were already gone as if they never existed there in the first place. 

13 comments:

  1. Wow, this routine needs tiyaga. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. True sis. Chaga talaga but when I see the results and people compliment my daughter, super worth it naman sya talaga :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may do this later on with my daughter (almost 2 years old right now). At the moment she is too malikot for this ritual. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sis, may I know your routine for your daughter's face? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can i use this routine to my 2 month old baby girl? What age did you start doing this to zoe? Thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it okay to do this regimen even if I'm already 19 years old?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi hndi ba na irritate skin ni baby sa calamansi?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pwede ba to sa 1month old baby ko?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is this safe for a 3month old baby?

    ReplyDelete
  10. pagsasamahin ba ang milk at calamansi o hiwlay ang apply,, how many calamansi needs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is this applicable for a 3month old baby?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ginagawa ko to sa baby ko maganda naman effect nya parang nagpino ang skin naglight talaga kaso napansin ko din na parang nag yellowish yung skin nya kaya tinigil ko muna .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!!! My mom would always bathe me in lipton tea with calamansi when I was a toddler. People would often comment how “kinis” my skin looks and feels even until today.

    ReplyDelete