Sunday, January 30, 2011

SM Baby and Company Grand Fair

I was browsing the net on Wednesday when I stumbled upon a post in GT regarding the Grand Fair of SM Baby and Company in Megatrade hall. Hubby and were really planning to go to the mall last weekend because we wanted to get a playgym for Zoe. We originally wanted to go to Rustan's since they have more selections of Lamaze, Fisher Price, and the likes there but if you're a shopaholic like me, the word SALE just triggers a frenzy.


We went on a Sunday which was the last day of the fair. I really wanted to go on a Saturday but it was Zoe's 3rd Penta vaccine shot and I wanted her to rest properly after it. Besides, I was also from the GY shift on Friday and was really sleepy after our hospital visit.

I didnt get to take pictures inside the fair because we left our camera in a hurry (frenzy right?) and I doubted I would get to take pictures properly since I knew there were still going to be a lot of people. True enough, the place was packed on the last day of the fair. After the registration, one of the staff gave me a map of the fair which was helpful especially for pregnant ladies. I didnt need much help since I was on a full shopping mode. Some of the brands that were there were:

- Avent
- Pigeon
- Johnson and Johnson
- Cetaphil
- Lactacyd
- Ai Non
- Disney Babies
- Graco
- Chicco
- Lamaze, Fisher Price, Baby Einstein, Playgro, Bright Starts
- Maclaren
- Indigo
- Curash
- Huggies

We strolled over to the Huggies stall and was appalled to see that they were offering such a nice discount for Huggies Dry Comfort. Appalled because I already bought 2 packs of large HDC from the grocery the day before which cost me P380/pack. In their stall, they had 2 packs of large HDC (38 counts each) for only P610! Damn, did my heart hurt. Anyway, so we went looking for Zoe's playgym which was the purpose of the visit there. We saw Tiny Love, Bright Starts, Baby Einstein, Chicco, Lamaze, Playgro, and Fisher Price. I was hoping to see Lamaze Space Symphony playgym or Fisher Price Rain Forest playgym like these:



 
However, there were none of those and the only available ones were these:



Lamaze 4 in 1 playgym (4000)


Playgro Tunnel Gym (1850)

Fisher Price 3 in 1 gym (1900)














We eventually bought the Playgro Tunnel gym due to its vibrant colors and tunnel feature which we can use to play hide and seek with Zoe. Here are some of her pics with the playgym at home:




So there. We also looked at a couple of high chairs but didn't find any good deals so we'd stick to the Graco or Chicco chairs that we saw at Landmark. And by the way, I also got my Mom card from SM baby and company (for a minimum purchase of 500) and a bag of freebies (for a minimum purchase of 1000). All in all, I think we got a pretty good deal. Can't wait til the next baby fair.

2 comments:

  1. I remember my first visit on SM Baby Company with my second son. The salesladies tried so much to entice me and enter my baby to join their baby contest. But when they said we have to make a purchase of 5K(?), I gladly turned it down. I know I will not be spending that much for baby stuff because I already have some furnitures and baby clothes back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could buy my kid a baby gym too :( yours looks really nice :) and safe. I'm a bit particular in confining my kid in cramped spaces though :)

    ReplyDelete