Thursday, September 30, 2010

Welcome my baby girl!

I finally gave birth via emergency CS on September 22 at 2:10 AM to a very healthy 7.3 lbs baby girl.

On that night, my husband's brother came over to get some stuff and we all had dinner at home. While we were walking him towards the village gateat around 630 PM, I suddenly felt a gush of water which wet my shorts. I initially thought it was just an involuntary gush of pee since I was also taking UTI medicines that week and I had just peed before we went outside. When hubby and I got home, I was contemplating on whether it was my water bag or just normal urine. I texted my OB and she called and gave me instructions to observe any contractions/blood.

Since I wasn't feeling anything out of the ordinary, we just stayed at home and continued to watch The Vampire Diairies season 1 on our laptop. During that time I kept noticing gushes of water trickling from down under so at 1030 PM, my hubby and I decided to go to the hospital.

11 PM -- We were at the ER of Marikina Valley Medical Center and they contacted my OB. The resident physician did an IE on me but my cervix was only 1 cm dilated. My sister in law who's a nurse in the hospital was already set to go home for the day when she saw my hubby outside so she stayed for a while and helped us settle there. After like an hour or so, I was taken to the Labor Room.

1230 AM -- My cervix remained at 1 cm so my OB asked the OR nurse to inject Buscopan and another medicine thru IV. Suddenly, my baby's heartbeat dropped from 130's down to 70's then 60's. My OB tried to wake my baby up through an IE and she announced that we had to do an emergency CS. The urgency of the moment scared me and all I could wish was for them to do everything they can to get my baby out safely. My hubby was asked to go inside the Labor Room to talk to me and we agreed on the CS operation.

During the operation, I kept myself awake because I wanted to make sure that things were ok. I was chilling like crazy from the epidural and kept wondering what they were doing from behind sheets in front of me. Then after some time, the Anesthesiologist who was beside me helped push the baby out. After 2 pushes, I heard my baby cry and it was such a relief. They brought her to me after cleaning her up. I also heard that she had a cord coil on her neck which was the reason for the dropping of her heartbeat earlier. Good thing my OB acted urgently on the situation.

3 AM -- I was brought to the Recovery Room where my hubby visited me to tell me everything was ok. I had to stay there until (would you believe) 4PM while we waited for a room to be vacated since the hospital was really full. I felt really bad for my husband who just stayed outside the Labor room the entire time. We went home after 2 days and now I'm busy fulfilling my duties as a first time mommy :)








8 comments:

  1. congratulations sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow congratulations mommy!!! :D

    I'm from GTalk btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omigosh sis, you were awake during the CS? ang tapang :) congrats sis. I'm on my 30 weeks na. And I'm so scared of rupturing the membranes anytime soon before the contractions begin. Sobrang takot ako ma-CS... as in scared sa CS. Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats sis! welcome to the world for your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Sis! Post pictures of your baby when you'll have time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies. There's so much to learn on being a mom. Sometimes I get scared that Im not doing enough but I still try to do my best :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats, sis! zoe is so cute! :) i'm from gtalk...

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks mels :) im so in love with my baby girl hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete