Monday, February 27, 2012

First long drive

When my eldest brother came over to visit us last Friday, he and Dan got really drunk (nothing unusual there). He was supposed to sleep over but he got a text message from his boss saying that they needed to be in EDSA at 530AM because of the people power celebration so he insisted on going home to rest. His mode of transportation was his motorcycle. Naturally, I declined and since Dan was crazily drunk too, I volunteered to drive him home to ParaƱaque along with Dan in the passenger seat and my cousin at the back seat.


It was my first long drive since I don't normally go beyond The Fort or Makati or Ortigas (or the East for that matter). I just realized that driving there would have to include going through SLEX which of course I was afraid of. So at odd hours of the morning, I dragged my 3 drunk passengers and drove to ParaƱaque and even made the mistake of entering the E-Pass lane along SLEX. I had to use my charm to be forgiven by the annoyed officer. After I exited, I chose to just drive by the service road which was easier for me since I wasnt obliged to drive faster compared to SLEX.


Well, we all got home safely, so I congratulated myself for being brave enough to drive that far. Boy, was it liberating! I think I only need to muster a couple more guts to be able to drive along EDSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment