Monday, January 23, 2012

Lessons for mommy

I have always known that there's so much more to parenting than providing the basic necessities in life. I've read numerous of books and articles to prepare me for motherhood but raising a kid needs a whole lot more than black and white literature (though they certainly help, promise!).


Zoe's at a stage where she's testing boundaries and exploring her skills and environment. I'm admittedly scarce in patience and there are a lot of times when my little bag just runs out. I always need to step back and take a breather whenever Zoe pushes things to the limit (which is just about the normal course for her age). With this, I'm really thankful that I have found a book which helps me in disciplining Zoe. 'Discipline without shouting or spanking' is such a great help in making me understand where my toddler is coming from and get some suggestions in teaching a child good behaviors. There are still frustrating times as expected but I love and appreciate how Zoe and I teach each other things about life. It's true that in parenting, the CHILD is the TEACHER. No matter how challenging things may get sometimes, I will always hold on to my goal of raising Zoe to be the best person that she can be through God's guidance and my husband's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment