Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Father's Day Babykins =)


‘Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a DAD.’

Dan and I have been together for 6 years and 2 months to be exact and I have seen every facet of his personality – son, brother, friend, and husband. People thought of him as distant and mysterious (as I did) when we started dating because he would choose people he would smile and respond to, and even so when he did, he would give one liner statements or answers. As I got to know him better, I saw how loving and generous he is with his family which made me consider the fact that this will be the same way he will be towards me and our future child.

In all our years together, Dan has given me the greatest love that he can. He is always patient with my erratic moods, he indulges me in my shopping habits, he hugs me tight when we talk about our future, and he laughs with me like no one else can. Clearly, I could never ask for a much better husband.

Now that the two of us became three, I admire every bit of the Dad that he is to Zoe. I love how he embraces Zoe at night, how he reads stories to her complete with elaboration, the way he plays with her and makes her laugh, and how he just looks at her with so much love. He may forget some things like the milk dispenser when we go out but he doesn’t forget to say I love you to Zoe. He sometimes spills Zoe’s powdered formula on the floor but he cleans her up and changes her nappy at night. He may spend a lot of time in front of the PC when he gets home but he carries Zoe at night when she cries even if he’s really groggy from sleep. He may raise his eyebrows when I shop a little bit too much for Zoe’s clothes but he beams like the stage father that he is when he sees her in those cute little outfits. He may not be the perfect father but he gets my (and Zoe’s) vote as the BEST DADDY in the world.

Thank you Baby Daddy for being the best person for us. God couldn’t have given me a better husband and Zoe a better Daddy. We love you so very much. Happy Father’s Day!

3 comments: