Sunday, April 1, 2012

My poor hand :(

What was supposedly a quiet cup of coffee in the morning became a nightmare when I accidentally spilled half of the newly boiled water onto my left hand.



20 minutes after the accident, I told my husband to take me to Marikina Valley Medical Center's emergency room because I couldn't take the burning pain despite putting my hand under running water. It was particularly irritating how he'd keep on asking me to increase my pain tolerance as if there's a switch button somewhere that I can press to magically make my body feel numb with the pain.


At the ER, my hand was soaked in a really cold solution for about 30 minutes before a nurse applied antibacterial cream and gauzed my hand lightly. I also got 2 shots of anti-tetanus. When we got home, my hand was still in pain but it felt better after I took a nap for 30 minutes. We were still able to go to EDSA Shangri La to shop for Zoe, as a matter of fact. Now, the pain is no more but the ugly blisters are showing. Hopefully things will get better soon enough.

4 comments:

  1. that hurts :( be careful next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must feel worse than it looks. :(
    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kat and Junkie :) My hand is better now except for the ugly and disgusting blisters hehehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your feeling better now :)

    Btw, just followed your blog.

    ReplyDelete